Terms and Conditions of Service has been updated
We wish to inform our customers that we changed some of our terms of service. Below are summaries.
More examples of unacceptable material on all Shared and Reseller servers include:
We have found most our customers to stay within "reasonable limits" However, to maintain the integrity of our service, we must state the following restrictions:
To all our accounts applies the following restrictions:
1. Multiple hosts resolving at an IP or domain name that we provide without our prior permission.
2. Sites with cgi's running from their domain used on other domains.
3. Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
4. Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
5. Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
6. Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
7. Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
8. Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
9. Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc
10. Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes.
11. Run any MySQL queries longer than 15 seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
12. When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include("http://yourdomain.com/include.php") use include("include.php")
13. To help reduce usage, do not force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml).
14. Only use https protocol when necessary; encrypting and decrypting communications is noticeably more CPU-intensive than unencrypted communications.
Reseller: Client Responsibility
Resellers are responsible for supporting their clients. We does not provide support to our Reseller's Clients. If a reseller's client contacts us, we reserve the right to place the client account on hold until the reseller can assume their responsibility for their client. All support requests must be made by the reseller on their clients' behalf for security purposes. Resellers are also responsible for all content stored or transmitted under their reseller account and the actions of their clients'. We will hold any reseller responsible for any of their clients actions that violate the law or the terms of service.
Full terms of service can be found here: